The conception, birth, and first steps of an application named Charlie

Subscribe: Atom or RSS

To Hell with Coder to Developer

by Alister Jones (SomeNewKid)

My intentions were good.

I needed to create a web-based application, and I resisted the temptation to fire up a code editor and get going. Instead, I purchased Coder to Developer with a view to starting off down the right path.

The book has not helped. The author skims over the aspects of software development that cause me the greatest concerns, and focuses on the aspects of development that Google will tell me for free. Skimming through the remaining chapters of the book, I see that it provides little more than a listing of tools and utilities, all of which I already know about thanks to free resources.

What a waste of money and time it has been.

by Alister Jones | Next up: Source Code Control for Dummies

0 comments

----