The conception, birth, and first steps of an application named Charlie

Subscribe: Atom or RSS

Story Time

by Alister Jones (SomeNewKid)

I have been told by an experienced developer that my writing sucks and my explanations are incomprehensible. Judging by the lack of responses I receive to my weblog entries, it would seem that she is right. I enjoy maintaining this weblog, but I don’t want to think that I’m just babbling to myself. I need to find a writing style that is more interesting and more accessible.

To that end, I would like to point you to a reply that I have just now submitted to the ASP.NET Forums, where I use the moniker ‘SomeNewKid’. Is its story style any better? I don’t know how successful the story style would be in the describing the life of Charlie, but I’m willing to give it a go.

Please, let me know how I can make the life of Charlie more interesting. If you’d rather tell me privately, please feel free to contact me. But do please tell me.

by Alister Jones | Next up: Think Big

4 comments

______
Anonymous Anonymous said...  
 

I think you've always been great at writing -- far better than most of us techies. The forum post was also very good, which just proves you are a very good writer once again. So keep it up, but don't think we're not reading just because we don't comment on it.

______
Anonymous Anonymous said...  
 

Hi,

As Paul said, don't think that we're not reading because we don't comment. I check your blog everyday for new articles, and read them as soon as they're up.

The fact that we have nothing to say at least means we aren't complaining! If you were doing anything drastically wrong, people would probably let you know.

Your writing style is fine. And the 'story' style in your forum reply is also good. You seem to write how you think, which personally sits well with me.

You're doing fine. I'd love to see more concrete examples of Charlie code and/or functionality though. Ever thought about a demo site? I understand you probably don't want your code to get 'out there', but a demo would be great so we could give more feedback.

B.

______
Blogger Alister said...  
 

Thank you, Paul, once again for your encouragement. I truly appreciate it.

Thank you, Brendan. Right now I am working on a demonstration website, just to make the story of Charlie a little more interesting, both for myself and for my dear readers.

______
Anonymous Anonymous said...  
 

Excellent article

Post a Comment

----